Links

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Octopus and its Treasure - Matchbox Swap

Recently I was part of this matchbox swap on one of my favorite crafting websites Craftster. You can see the ACTUALLY swap here. It was my first swap ever, so I was slightly skeptical on the idea of making someone else a wonderful creation, sending through the mail (yikes?) and then them receiving. But I figured that I would trust in the system and boy, I am glad I did! The Matchbox I got from my partner was WONDERFUL and funnily enough we both made each other the same sort of idea! So here is the matchbox I made for her. I'm so happy it is her treasure forever!


This is the actually Matchbox. Doesn't look like a matchbox anymore I know?!

And here is the inside of the matchbox drawer, my swapper liked Jane Austen so in involved some Austen'y elements.

The teapot earrings were inspired by Jane Austen as well, I made them from a plastic lid from a container and paint.

The matchbox all packed up!

I made the suction cups out of a book page, sequins and seed beads!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer